Synaptic vesicle n any of several small intracellular membrane bound vesicles at a synaptic junction of neurons that contain a neurotransmitter synaptic vesicle a membranous sac located within the presynaptic membrane of an axon terminal and containing a neurotransmitter see also vesicle synaptic pertaining to a synapse synaptic cleft a narrow . Influx of ca 2 triggers release of neurotransmitters the exocytosis of neurotransmitters from synaptic vesicles involves vesicle targeting and fusion events similar to those that occur at many points in the secretory pathway section 1710 indeed the same types of proteins including t snare and v snares and snap proteins and nsf participate in both systems
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.